You’ve spent a lot of time writing knowledge articles that aren’t being used. Your self-service doesn’t seem to provide much service. Customers can’t find it; your team don’t update it.
This course covers what you need to know to make your knowledge base the valuable asset it could be.
12 lessons over 6 weeks will take you through steps to prepare your team for change, improve your workflow and optimise your customer-facing help centre.
What you’ll learn
- How to set the right strategy and culture, so your team keeps working the way you need them to.
- How to write & improve articles, so they’re findable and can be presented by a chatbot without extra effort.
- How to optimise self-service, so customers know it’s available.
- How to measure success, so you know what needs improving.
What you get
- 2 lessons a week for 6 weeks, straight to your inbox
- facilitation tips
- tasks to complete
- Extra guidance from me, any time you need it
- A bonus one-hour coaching session, with me, during the course or on completion.
Even if you are not a team leader, you can still do this course.
Not all leaders have the job title to match! If you can influence those you work with, you can certainly work through this course with your team mates.
Even if your team is remote, you can still do this course.
My facilitation guidance is designed so you can lead your team from the whiteboard or a team chat.
Even if you haven't got a knowledge base yet, you can still do this course.
This course is less about the technology and more about learning an agile way of creating and maintaining knowledge from support and service interactions.
Keys to a Kickass Knowledge Base Course.
STRATEGY & CULTURE.
- Lesson one: Why what you've tried before hasn't worked
- Lesson two: The real reason most knowledge base efforts fail
- Lesson three: Benefits beyond the customer experience
- Lesson four: Preparing your team for change
WRITING & IMPROVING ARTICLES.
- Lesson five: Writing knowledge articles so they're findable
- Lesson six: The KISS template
- Lesson seven: Search before solve
- Lesson eight: Ditching the overhead of mass updates
- Lesson nine: Organising your knowledge base
- Lesson ten: Self-service that brings all the people to the yard
METRICS & KPIs.
- Lesson eleven: Measuring team participation (individual metrics)
- Lesson twelve: What does success look like? (functional metrics)
What they say.
Customer Success Lead
Aprill opened my eyes to all the aspects of self-service we weren't paying attention to e.g. what to measure, how to remind customers we had a FAQ available, and more.
Founder, CIO Pulse
I don't know anyone that knows more about IT knowledge management than Aprill Allen. There's guidance in here that I refer back to all the time..
IT Operations Manager
The lessons are short and easy to read, and there are valuable insights from the first week.
I’ve worked in support and operations for years, and have been an independent consultant in knowledge management for a decade. As a startup investor and advisor, and as Principal of Knowledge Bird, I help startups, scale-ups and enterprise teams improve their customer service workflows and self-service knowledge bases, so they can get on with growing the business and delivering projects.
I’ve condensed what I’ve come to believe are the absolute essentials for small teams to be successful with self-service. You’ll get 12 bite-sized lessons and facilitation guidance to help you lead your team to improve ticket deflection and customer satisfaction.
“Actionable insights from the first lesson.”
“Kickass KB has given us a lot to think about changing, already.”
“Love that the lessons are so quick and easy to digest.”
A new 6-week program starts at the beginning of every week, and each lesson includes something for you to do with your team.
Bite-sized guidance on how to lead your team through working more effectively with knowledge, downloadable worksheets, and facilitation tips for leading your own workshops tasks to complete with your team.
Guidance from me anytime you need it.
A free one-hour coaching session is included, which you can take during or after your course.
It’s the next best thing to having me turn up and run a workshop for you.